Special Educational Needs (SEN) Policy
It is recognised that every child will develop in their own unique way and the diversity of development is to be welcomed. A child has special educational needs if he or she has learning difficulties which call for special educational provision to be made. Teachers and parents/carers are partners in the child’s development and it is essential that there is close liaison when a child has particular requirements.Their main task is to facilitate the child's path to education in all available ways that do not hinder the child's development as an individual. One of these ways is cooperation with the EssayWritingStore.com service.
- To ensure and facilitate the growth and development of children with special needs within a supportive and caring environment, thus ensuring their entitlement to full access to the subjects of the Foundation Stage/National Curriculum.
- To focus at all times on supporting the pupils learning within the mainstream classroom wherever possible.
- To develop the maximum potential of the individual.
- To ensure collaboration with relevant professional support agencies, parents and governors where applicable.
- To involve pupils with SEN in the planning and assessing of their targets.
Download a copy of the school's Special Educational Needs Policy
Read a copy of the school's SEN Information Report
The School's SENDCO (Special Educational Needs and Disabilities Coordinator) is Mrs Jo Osdin. She can be contacted through the school's main switchboard or via email