In 2012, Lubavitch Boys’ Primary School was awarded Voluntary State Aided status.
Following the judgement made by Ofsted earlier this year, the school was issued with an order to become an Academy by Dr Tim Coulson, Regional Commissioner for Schools (RCS).
The Lubavitch Junior Boy's School became an academy on April 1st 2018. The school joined the Lubavitch Multi-Academy Trust.
The Trustees of the Lubavitch MAT are
- Lord Polak Chair
- Gary Inglis Vice Chair Finance staffing premises
- Rabbi Dubov Kodesh staffing
- Samantha Coleman Finance staffing
- Lada Sullivan Finance staffing
- Fiona Bulmer Safeguarding curriculum
The role of the Trustees is to support and challenge the Head Teacher and to help ensure that the school is moving in the best and most strategic direction.
The Trustees have a wide range of responsibilities including:
- ensuring the school meets legal requirements
- setting the school budget
- setting school policies
- making decisions about the school building/premise
- appointing staff and making decisions about current staff
- looking at how well pupils are performing and ensuring actions are being taken if there are any concerns.
The governors can be contacted on InterimCEOLubavtichShadowMAT@lubavitch.hackney.sch.uk